Community

Knowledge

Service

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 145 was released on the July 2nd.

More informations

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube

Advertisement

Amazon

Partnerlinks

ADF Version Of Roadshow Needed

Support Roadshow

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

atrain01us@yahoo.com
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

ADF Version Of Roadshow Needed

Post by atrain01us@yahoo.com »

Hi,

Does anyone know of software that can create adf versions of non-adf files? I have the Roadshow program that I need to install onto my A2000 but my floppy drive no longer works properly so I can't use it.

In this case the software is currently configured to be copied and installed from floppy disk. I am writing to see if an adf version of it will be available, otherwise I am stuck and won't be able to use the Roadshow software to be able to get on the internet.

Thanks,

daxb
AFF Profi
AFF Profi

Re: ADF Version Of Roadshow Needed

Post by daxb »

tsgui for example: http://www.thomas-rapp.homepage.t-onlin ... nload.html

If your floppy drive is broken, I do not understand why do you want ADF files? What possibilities do you have to transfer data to your A2000? Usually you just copy Roadshow (LHA) to your A2000 and unpack/install it.

atrain01us@yahoo.com
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Adf files can be installed using the gotek device, which is what I have to replace the floppy drive. Until I can get on the internet using my A2000, the roadshow software and any other software that is over 880k is useless to me.

Thanks,

Thomas
Amiga Future Redaktion
Amiga Future Redaktion

Post by Thomas »

TSGUI cannot create ADFs from files, it can only create ADFs of disks. And it runs on the Amiga, not on Windows.

You need something like ADFOpus or TotalCommander with ADF plugin. (Note that these are only names I heard, I never needed or tried such myself.)

You can also use WinUAE to install a virtual Amiga on your Windows machine and then use AmigaOS to copy from Windows directories to virtual floppy images a.k.a. ADF.

olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Post by olsen »

atrain01us@yahoo.com wrote:
16.06.2020 - 07:04
Hi,

Does anyone know of software that can create adf versions of non-adf files? I have the Roadshow program that I need to install onto my A2000 but my floppy drive no longer works properly so I can't use it.

In this case the software is currently configured to be copied and installed from floppy disk. I am writing to see if an adf version of it will be available, otherwise I am stuck and won't be able to use the Roadshow software to be able to get on the internet.

Thanks,
I'm afraid that there is no straight solution for your problem at the moment, short of us (that would be APC&TCP and myself) creating an ADF installation disk image file for you. Which certainly would make great sense to ship as part of the regular Roadshow order.

If this would be helpful for you, please let us know and we'll see what we can do for you :)

atrain01us@yahoo.com
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Yes please!! That would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!