Amiga Future Chefredaktion
|Verfasst am: 23.10.2018 - 16:44 Titel: New turbo cards (not only) for the Amiga 500 in progress
As the Polish-language website Amigowiec.pl reports, there is exciting news regarding new hardware for the Amiga.
Thus, at the Gda?sk RetroKomp 2018, new turbo cards from the Polish manufacturer CS-Lab were presented.
First of all, hardware is planned for the Amiga 500, but in future the Amiga 600 and Amiga 1200 will also be operated.
According to CS-Lab (Szymon "Cizar" Paprocki and Andrzej "Sellen" Rogozynski), the new turbo cards will not only provide acceleration but also numerous interesting expansion and deployment options.
Here is a list of planned features in the overview:
- MC68030 and 040 CPUs, but are also planned 060 processors
- MC68882 as Co-Prozessor (FPU)
- The Fast RAM will be based on SDRAM or DDR chips and controlled by a Spartan6 FPGA controller.
- One slot for CF cards on the turbo card
- One 40 pin IDE connector
- A new, still nameless chipset will be based on an ARM ST32H7 microcontroller clocked at 400 MHz. This should provide quick access to the Fast RAM and the entire address space to the Amiga.
- A NAU8822AYG based sound card with MP decoding and AHI implementation
- The audio signal of the Amiga will be passed through the turbo card for the purpose of signal correction.
- USB connectors
- UEXT connector
- WIFI (ESP 32 WROOM)
- MicroSD card slot
- 12-bit stereo sampler
- Hardware MPEG encoding
- HDMI output (most likely RTG via Picasso)
Szymon Paprocki's YouTube channel is already showing the first performance tests of the CS530 and CS540 baptized turbo cards. There will follow more updates in the future.
YouTube channel by Szymon Paprocki:
Chefredaktion Amiga Future