Donate
Amiga Future

SDK Browser v2.1.4.0 Released

View previous topic :: View next topic 
AndreasM
Amiga Future Chefredaktion
Amiga Future Chefredaktion

germany

PostPosted: 23.02.2018 - 10:56    Post subject: SDK Browser v2.1.4.0 Released Reply with quote

Jamie Krueger write:

Finally taking a few moments to update my website for the new year and package up the maintenance release of the SDK Browser(v2.1.4.0), which I put together at the AmiWest DevCon back in October of 2017.

For those of you that attended the AmiWest 2017 DevCon you should already have this version. However, I recommend downloading the newly posted one because it has been updated with matching README text, etc. Of course, if you own a registered copy of the SDK Browser, you may download your personalized version from your private download link.

Equally, owners of the AVD Suite may also download their version of the SDK Browser under the Members Only page.

I have been very busy, since before the AmiWest show, working on various AmigaONE and AmigaOS4 related projects with the guys at AOTL.

Hence my delay in making this post today. However, while we are working on foundation products and fun new hardware and software projects for the AmigaONE machines, development on AVD and it's components has not been forgotten. The GUI Builder is my primary focus as the next AVD component to be released. It will be released as a standalone product, as part of the FreeAVD Suite, and of course as a major part of the AVD Suite.

Releasing the source code of the SDK Browser:

For anyone who read my 2017 posting about the AmiWest show, or who was there in person, you know that a very good friend of mine passed away while I was attending the show. As a tribute to my friend's memory, I announced that I would be releasing the entire source code for the SDK Browser to Open Source as a teaching tool on how to write software for AmigaOS4.

As planned I will be releasing the full source code for the current version of the SDK Browser (v2.1.4.0 - FREEWARE Edition). In order to accomplish this I must first decouple the source from the rest of the AVD Suite.

This is a larger task then it sounds since the AVD Suite is designed to be highly integrated with the other components of AVD. Therefore I have decided to wait until the commercial version of the SDK Browser v3.0.0.0 is released before taking the time to prepare v2.1.4.0 FREEWARE Edition for release as Open Source.

http://www.bitbybitsoftwaregroup.com
Back to top   PDF
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number