« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

Is Roadshow compatible with Bridgeboard'd network cards?

Support Roadshow

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

Pat the Cat
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Is Roadshow compatible with Bridgeboard'd network cards?

Post by Pat the Cat »

I don't know if Roadshow has ever been tried with this hardware combination, and it would probably be limited to NE2000 or Sana-II compatible ISA network cards at best...

... but it would be a cheap way to network Amigas, for those that have a Bridgeboard installed.

I doubt it works yet (Janus, the software that drives Bridgeboards, is a bit of a mystery to most developers) but, if not, I hope it does work one day. :ja:

Thumbs up for continuing the support. I think I might just have to buy your product, because my Amigas are going to get networked very soon anyway (I don't have a Bridgeboard, but some people do.)
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Re: Is Roadshow compatible with Bridgeboard'd network cards?

Post by olsen »

Pat the Cat wrote:I don't know if Roadshow has ever been tried with this hardware combination, and it would probably be limited to NE2000 or Sana-II compatible ISA network cards at best...

... but it would be a cheap way to network Amigas, for those that have a Bridgeboard installed.

I doubt it works yet (Janus, the software that drives Bridgeboards, is a bit of a mystery to most developers) but, if not, I hope it does work one day. :ja:

Thumbs up for continuing the support. I think I might just have to buy your product, because my Amigas are going to get networked very soon anyway (I don't have a Bridgeboard, but some people do.)
Um, I am sorry for taking so long to respond to your question :(

Roadshow supports every type of networking hardware which plays by the rules of the SANA-IIR3 standard (that's basically the original standard with multicast support, never changed after 1994).

If you can find a driver for the hardware you have in mind, and that hardware can be put to use, you should be fine. Note that this bold claim of mine still needs validation, as I am not aware if any such solution exists.
SimonV
AFF Anwärter
AFF Anwärter

Post by SimonV »

I had it working with etherbridge ... but because roadshow start automatically at boot it's a bit inconvenient because obviously your pc side with the ISA network card driver has to be booted first before roadshow starts.

I more or less could get past this by starting network startup manually but under 3.1 it was a really unstable combo. I now run OS3.9 but didn't test it for now.
SimonV
AFF Anwärter
AFF Anwärter

Post by SimonV »

A little follow up as I got it working now.

- install etherbridge as instructed in the manual
- install roadshow with the installer
- adapt any config file in storage/netinterface to use etherbridge.device and copy it to devs:netinterfaces
- remove the network-startup entry for your user-startup
- make the script "network-startup" in S: executable by opening the information windows and under the tab "icon" type c:iconx as the default tool and name it "roadshow" or so. Give it a nice icon and put it somewhere on your workbench or toolbar. Whatever.
- reboot, wait until your bridgeboard has booted the dos side
- click your new roadshow icon and your network will start.

It would be great if the installer would ask if you want to start roadshow manually or automatically. Apart from this application it's also good for people that are connected but most of the times just fire up their Amiga for a WHDload session.