Anonymous

Register
Login

Amiga Future

Community

Knowledge

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 152 was released on the September 6th.

More informations

Service

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

Partnerlinks

Host lookup failed, no DNS entry found

Support Roadshow

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

fairdinkem
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Host lookup failed, no DNS entry found

Post by fairdinkem »

Hi,

I just purchased the latest roadshow TCP stack and I have had it working on my current network using a CNet ethernet adapter. I recently upgraded my A1200T with a TF1260, mediator, Radeon 9200 Pro, Spider USB and a fast ethernet card.

Symptoms - I am able to configure roadshow and after doing so when I use iBrowse it will time out with the following error "Host lookup failed, no DNS entry found". I can't ping the google DNS server 8.8.8.8 and I can't ping the router either.

IMG_1863.jpg
IMG_1863.jpg (21.34 KiB) Viewed 70 times
IMG_1861.jpg
IMG_1861.jpg (72.53 KiB) Viewed 70 times
IMG_1862.jpg
IMG_1862.jpg (178.7 KiB) Viewed 70 times

What I have tried - I have clean installed AmigaOS 3.2, I have tried a clean install of AmigaOS 3.9 with boing bags 1 and 2. I have tried 3 different modem routers, I have gone directly into the modem router and not using a switch or router in between the computer and modem router.

I hope someone can help me out.
fairdinkem
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Re: Host lookup failed, no DNS entry found

Post by fairdinkem »

Well after 20+ views - no reply.

I also sent an email to the roadshow developer and I got no reply after posting on the official Roadshow facebook page for support with my issue I was directed to send an email.

Does anyone have another option/idea I can explore for support?
fairdinkem
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Re: Host lookup failed, no DNS entry found

Post by fairdinkem »

UPDATE

If I use GENISIS tcp stack or MiamiDX TCP stack and configure my IP, Subnet, Gateway and DNS manually and don't select DHCP I am able to make it work. I have tried using Roadie GUI to configure roadshow with the same details I have used successfully with Genisis and MiamiDX I still cannot ping google etc.

So I know my IP address, Subnet address, Gateway address and I can add 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for DNS.

Please could someone help?