Amiga Future Chefredaktion
Joined: 05 Jun 2001
|Posted: 10.02.2019 - 14:14 Post subject: Hollywood 8 - Supremacy 8.0 released
After 12 months of development, Airsoft Softwair, the hardest working men in code business, are proud to present the best Hollywood ever: Hollywood 8: Supremacy. Version 8.0 is a massive update with many new features and bug fixes. The most important new feature is full RapaGUI support on Android, which allows you to create GUIs for Android devices using Hollywood. As always with RapaGUI, only native widgets are used so the GUIs look and feel completely native. This is a truly unique feature because no other software allows you to create native GUIs for Amiga (MUI), Windows, macOS, Linux (GTK+), and Android! On top of that, there are tons of other new features, bug fixes, and improvements.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of new features in Hollywood 8.0:
* Android core completely rewritten
* New network adapter plugin interface
* Ready for powerful new soon-to-be-released SSL/TLS plugin!
* Support for IPv6 in the network library
* Serial port support on all platforms including Android
* Multiple displays now supported on Android
* System notifications are now supported
* Icon support
* Action Bar now supported on Android
* Menu bars are now supported on Android
* Better support for HiDPI monitors
* Full RapaGUI support on Android
* Ready for RapaGUI 2.0!
* Hardware-accelerated drawing, scaling, and transformation on Android
* Camera support on Android
* Directories can be monitored from script code
* Hollywood scripts can call into Java code on Android
* Device vibration support on Android
* Whole directories can be linked to executables
* Gyroscope and accelerometer support on Android
* Ready for Hollywood APK Compiler 3.0!
* 80 new pages of PDF documentation, now 1034 altogether!
* Lots of other changes, optimizations and bug fixes
Hollywood 8 is the ultimate Multimedia experience and a must-have for all creative people. Hollywood is available on CD and as a download version. Both versions include Hollywood for all supported platforms. Buying Hollywood gives you a single-user license for all 15 platforms supported by Hollywood. If you already own Hollywood, you can buy a discounted upgrade version. People who bought Hollywood 7.1 in 2019 can request a free upgrade.
Hollywood is the ultimate bridge between all the different AmigaOS compatible platforms and the other three modern desktop systems, Windows, macOS, and Linux! Additionally, Hollywood also supports the Android platform. A truly unique feature is the ability to cross-compile native executables for many different platforms including: AmigaOS3, AmigaOS4, WarpOS, MorphOS, AROS (x86), Windows (x86, x64), macOS (x86, x64, ppc), and Linux (x86, x64, ppc, arm). You don't even have to own these platforms in order to compile executables for them. It's enough to run Hollywood on one of the supported platforms and then compile programs for all the others! Only Hollywood makes it possible. If you want to learn more about Hollywood, please visit the the official Hollywood portal which also has a forum for all questions concerning Hollywood.
All this makes Hollywood The Cross-Platform Multimedia Application Layer. Join the Multimedia revolution and get your personal copy of Hollywood 8: Supremacy now!
This release was brought to you by Airsoft Softwair - the hardest working men in code business. Please consider buying Hollywood to show your appreciation for our tremendous efforts!
Chefredaktion Amiga Future