« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

ftp put crashes my amiga 3000

Support Roadshow

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

vwheavy
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

ftp put crashes my amiga 3000

Post by vwheavy »

My Amiga 3000, x-surf 100, buster 11 with a clean Workbench 3.1, x-surf unified driver, and latest roadshow installed and correctly configured crashes with every ftp put to an ubuntu vsftpd server.
ping works, wget works.

How do I diagnose this?

Thanks,
Brian
Tomcat
AFF Profi
AFF Profi

Post by Tomcat »

Which ftp-client runs on your Amiga?
vwheavy
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Post by vwheavy »

Hmm, I'm in the Roadshow support forum, right? So I guess my FTP client is Roadshow?
vwheavy
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Post by vwheavy »

k, so AmiFTP works: up and down. The roadshow wget client works. The roadshow FTP client included with the roadshow TCP stack I just bought for thirty some odd dollars reliably crashes the amiga every time.

FTP is the only reason I bought Roadshow and x-surf-100. Disappointing.
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Re: ftp put crashes my amiga 3000

Post by olsen »

vwheavy wrote:My Amiga 3000, x-surf 100, buster 11 with a clean Workbench 3.1, x-surf unified driver, and latest roadshow installed and correctly configured crashes with every ftp put to an ubuntu vsftpd server.
ping works, wget works.

How do I diagnose this?
First thing, please verify that the Roadshow ftp command is being used, and not a different command of the same name.

Please enter "which ftp" in the shell. It should report "C:ftp" if that is the case, and entering "version full c:ftp" in the shell should say "ftp 1.9 (8.2.2014)".

Once you have started the ftp command, does the "put" operation immediately lead to a crash, or does the crash follow after the "put" operation has completed, when you eventually exit the ftp command?

Does the behaviour change if you enter "stack 20000" before you start the ftp command?

I suspect that this may be a stack size issue, for which I have not yet rolled a bug-fix into a general Roadshow update.
omgas
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Post by omgas »

Hello olsen, I hope you are ok and well,

> I suspect that this may be a stack size issue, for which I have not yet rolled a bug-fix into a general Roadshow update.

I seem to have seen similar behaviour as the OP, so I wondered if you might have found actual stack related issues with the ftp cli client by now?

rgds

-omgas
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Post by olsen »

omgas wrote: 02.06.2019 - 11:40 Hello olsen, I hope you are ok and well,

> I suspect that this may be a stack size issue, for which I have not yet rolled a bug-fix into a general Roadshow update.

I seem to have seen similar behaviour as the OP, so I wondered if you might have found actual stack related issues with the ftp cli client by now?

rgds

-omgas
Yes, the stack size problem in the ftp command is resolved. The long overdue update is in the works :-)