France
Canada
Italia
Espana

Spenden
Donate
Amiga Future

Feature requests

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Amiga Future Foren-Übersicht -> Roadshow Support
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen 
Autor Nachricht
kolla

norway

BeitragVerfasst am: 19.04.2017 - 13:29    Titel: Feature requests Zitieren

I don't see any such thread already, so here goes...

* ping
- timeout options (like BSD "-t : Specify a timeout, in seconds, before ping exits regardless of how many packets have been received.")
- exit on first ping replay (like BSD "-o : Exit successfully after receiving one reply packet.")

* rsh client?
- ssh is non-trival for a whole range of reasons on Amiga, but a working rsh would be great for executing remote commands over the LAN. On Aminet there is a even a rshd, but I have yet to find a working rsh client.
(The one that comes with AmiTCP only says "Unable to exec AmiTCP:bin/rlogin", which isn't to strange, considering that AmigaOS doesn't really do "exec()" AFAIK.)
Nach oben   PDF
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

BeitragVerfasst am: 25.04.2017 - 09:19    Titel: Re: Feature requests Zitieren

kolla hat folgendes geschrieben
I don't see any such thread already, so here goes...

* ping
- timeout options (like BSD "-t : Specify a timeout, in seconds, before ping exits regardless of how many packets have been received.")
- exit on first ping replay (like BSD "-o : Exit successfully after receiving one reply packet.")

I already started making small changes to the "ping" command which should appear in the next update. The features you requested are not among these changes, but I will add them as soon as possible.

Zitat:

* rsh client?
- ssh is non-trival for a whole range of reasons on Amiga, but a working rsh would be great for executing remote commands over the LAN. On Aminet there is a even a rshd, but I have yet to find a working rsh client.
(The one that comes with AmiTCP only says "Unable to exec AmiTCP:bin/rlogin", which isn't to strange, considering that AmigaOS doesn't really do "exec()" AFAIK.)

I looked up the 4.4BSD-Lite2 code for rsh and rcmd, and the implementation appears to be shockingly straightforward for a change An "rsh" command might be very easy to write, and I'll start working on it as soon as I can.

The "rsh" command is (according to the source code) a special case of the "rlogin" command, which explains the error message printed. "rlogin" is expected to prompt you for a password, and once you are logged in, the server's output and your input will flow in both directions. The "rsh" command is (basically) "rlogin" with a command and the command's parameters to execute on the remote server. No password is prompted for, and the server only sends output back to you.

Anyway, I'll start working on "ping" and "rsh" as soon as the long delayed Roadshow 1.13 update is working and available.
Nach oben   PDF
kolla

norway

BeitragVerfasst am: 25.04.2017 - 16:01    Titel: Re: Feature requests Zitieren

olsen hat folgendes geschrieben

Anyway, I'll start working on "ping" and "rsh" as soon as the long delayed Roadshow 1.13 update is working and available.

Awesome, thanks a lot!
Nach oben   PDF
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Amiga Future Foren-Übersicht -> Roadshow Support
Alle Zeiten sind GMT - 11 Stunden
Seite 1 von 1

PDF

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.

Datenschutzerklärung