« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

Allow all traffic

Support Roadshow

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

utri007
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Allow all traffic

Post by utri007 »

Doesn roadshow limit incoming connections? If so how do I allow all connections?
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Re: Allow all traffic

Post by olsen »

utri007 wrote:Doesn roadshow limit incoming connections? If so how do I allow all connections?
Could you tell me more about the issue at hand? What exactly happens that should work differently?
utri007
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Post by utri007 »

Can't found amiga from my LAN with Network scanner. I just want to enbale all traffic so that I don't need worry with "guiless" system.

From amiga side I can't ping router, my home server, mount samba shares, surf internet etc.

But when I'm trying to connect to it with AExplorer, it doesn't work. I also tried to start Quake Network game, it is not possible to connect it. I scanned my home Network with Radmin Advanced port scanner, it didn't found my 68k amiga at all.

I have similar problems with my OS4.1FE amiga also, but port scanner tells two open port.

My LAN is behind of firewall, so I want to disable firewall complitely from my Amigas.

I found s:IPF_rules folder, renaming it didn't help.
utri007
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Post by utri007 »

I can't figure out why my 68k amiga is not visible. :(

I found start-firewall from S, commented everything out. It shouldn't start? Or how it is started or is it even started?
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Post by olsen »

utri007 wrote:Can't found amiga from my LAN with Network scanner. I just want to enbale all traffic so that I don't need worry with "guiless" system.

From amiga side I can't ping router, my home server, mount samba shares, surf internet etc.

But when I'm trying to connect to it with AExplorer, it doesn't work. I also tried to start Quake Network game, it is not possible to connect it. I scanned my home Network with Radmin Advanced port scanner, it didn't found my 68k amiga at all.

I have similar problems with my OS4.1FE amiga also, but port scanner tells two open port.

My LAN is behind of firewall, so I want to disable firewall complitely from my Amigas.

I found s:IPF_rules folder, renaming it didn't help.
It seems to me that your network setup on the Amiga might be the problem. If you cannot even ping the router then that likely means you cannot even use the router for its intended purpose, namely moving data between your Amiga and the Internet beyond it.

The "S:IPF_rules" and its contents have no effect on the operations of Roadshow unless you start the scripts stored there manually on your own accord. Roadshow performs no network filtering unless you set it up (and even then it's not really a straightforward operation, I have to admit).
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Post by olsen »

utri007 wrote:I can't figure out why my 68k amiga is not visible. :(

I found start-firewall from S, commented everything out. It shouldn't start? Or how it is started or is it even started?
No, it is not started automatically. If you wanted to use it, you would have to modify it so that it suits your setup. In its "out of the box" form it would stop, reporting an error.