« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

Roadshow update

Support Roadshow

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

scarrabri
AFF Anwärter
AFF Anwärter

Roadshow update

Post by scarrabri »

Hi not long after I bought Roadshow there was an update ,but as my Roadshow was running perfect I never used the update ,can any one tell me if the update was really needed as I don't want to install it and make myself a problem as I am not that good with files very best wishes Brian
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Re: Roadshow update

Post by olsen »

scarrabri wrote:Hi not long after I bought Roadshow there was an update ,but as my Roadshow was running perfect I never used the update ,can any one tell me if the update was really needed as I don't want to install it and make myself a problem as I am not that good with files very best wishes Brian
The upgrade is useful, if not necessary, if you are using an Amiga with a plain 68000 CPU in order to connect to the Internet through Roadshow.

To the best of my knowledge, the only type of Amiga computer which uses this processor type, can use Roadshow and a WiFi or Ethernet connection is the A600 (or A600HD).

This type of computer is rare, the A600HD is very rare. You are probably using an Amiga 1200 or a computer from the same age, such as an A4000, A3000, etc., none of which benefits from the latest upgrade.

In so many words: you probably do not need to install the update.
scarrabri
AFF Anwärter
AFF Anwärter

Re: Roadshow update

Post by scarrabri »

olsen wrote:
scarrabri wrote:Hi not long after I bought Roadshow there was an update ,but as my Roadshow was running perfect I never used the update ,can any one tell me if the update was really needed as I don't want to install it and make myself a problem as I am not that good with files very best wishes Brian
The upgrade is useful, if not necessary, if you are using an Amiga with a plain 68000 CPU in order to connect to the Internet through Roadshow.

To the best of my knowledge, the only type of Amiga computer which uses this processor type, can use Roadshow and a WiFi or Ethernet connection is the A600 (or A600HD).

This type of computer is rare, the A600HD is very rare. You are probably using an Amiga 1200 or a computer from the same age, such as an A4000, A3000, etc., none of which benefits from the latest upgrade.

In so many words: you probably do not need to install the update.
Hi thankyou so much for your reply ,i use your brilliant Roadshow on my Amiga 1200 which uses a external hard drive and my A600 with a internal sd card and both computers work very well ,i do how ever have to turn Roadshow off whilst gaming as it some times interups the game but this is no trouble to me ,my very best wishes my friend Brian.