« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

Graceful startup with missing netinterfaces

Support Roadshow

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

cmsj

Graceful startup with missing netinterfaces

Post by cmsj »

Hey

I'm using an A600 and I have two PCMCIA network cards, a cnet16.device wired card and a prism2.device wireless card.

If I have both cards configured in DEVS:NetInterfaces/ I get errors on boot from the device drivers.

It's quite annoying to have to move the netinterface files around depending on which card is present.

Does anyone know of a tool that can detect the name of a PCMCIA card, so I could write a script to move the correct netinterface file into DEVS:NetInterfaces ?

Cheers,
Chris
cmsj

Re: Graceful startup with missing netinterfaces

Post by cmsj »

cmsj wrote: Does anyone know of a tool that can detect the name of a PCMCIA card, so I could write a script to move the correct netinterface file into DEVS:NetInterfaces ?
Since it didn't seem like such a thing exists, I wrote one:

http://aminet.net/package/util/cli/cardInfo

It includes an example script that, rather than moving NetInterfaces files around (since that's potentially dangerous), just calls AddNetInterface on the relevant interface file from SYS:Storage/

The question now is, should this remain a generic tool customised by each user to their specific cards, or should I/someone try and expand it to know about all of the PCMCIA networking drivers, and the models they support?