« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon WhatsApp
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

Poseidon-Asix with Roadshow

Support Roadshow

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

tryphon

Poseidon-Asix with Roadshow

Post by tryphon »

I made a test with an ASIX USB ethernet adaptor (via a Deneb card) under RoadShow (but aslo with a Davicom adaptor).

My configuration:
A2000 rev 6.2
Accelerator card (68040/32 Mo or better)
Deneb+ASIX adaptor
Dlink router
QNAP server
OS 3.9
Samba 2.2.5
Roadshow Demo 1.8

Here the results I obtain transferring a 31.9 Mo file from the server to the Ram Disk:
Ko/s Genesis Roadshow
Asix 487 447
Davicom 73 250
A2065 250 290

Well, I harbored some hopes to see my ASIX adaptor better under Roadshow (I tried several values for iprequests parameter). Davicom is bad under Genesis.

I noticed two small errors with the Poseidon-Davicom interface: usbdm9601eth.device must be replaced by dm9601eth.device and the name Poseidon-Davicom is too long for the AddNetInterface command.
These USB adaptors did not start at the first time because (I think) they were not ready when network-startup file was executed (I added a wait 5 command).
Ok, these are very minor issues. I will try to boost a bit the transfer rate. If you have an idea, it will be perfect for me.

You have done a really great job. Thank you for Amiga community. Sure, I will dig into my pocket!