HD Audio AHI driver for AmigaOS4 by H Kanning
This driver supports PCIe soundcards that comply with the Intel HD Audio (Azalia) specification.
- AmigaOS4.1 FE Upd2 (might work on older versions but this is not tested)
The driver has been tested on:
- X5000/20 running amigaos4.1FE Upd2.
- SAM440EP-flex running amigaos4.1FE Upd2 with startech PCI1PEX1 adapter
- SAM460CR running amigaos4.1FE Upd2.
Which cards do work (verified):
- Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy FX (24bit/192kHz 5.1)
- Startech PEXSOUND7CH (24bit/192kHz 7.1) -> Available under many different
- Fransande 411944 (24bit/192kHz 7.1) -> Available under many different brands
- Terratec AUREON 7.1 PCIe (24bit/192kHz 7.1)
Cards that should work:
- Basically every combination of HDaudio controllers and HD audio multichannel
codecs (eg. CA0113, CM8828, CM9882A ALC898 etc)
Cards that do not work (yet):
- Asus Xonar Phoebus solo (CM8888 in combination with high quality discrete
- Powercolor Devil HDX (CM8888 in combination with discrete DACs)
Cards that will never work:
- "Sound Core3D" (CA0132) based Sound Blasters (Eg. Z, AE-5, AE-7, AE-9 etc).
These cards have a DSP (ca0132) instead of an audio codec. They look like HD
audio cards initially but after the DSP has been booted, they behave totally
differently. Therefore, support for these cards will end up in a different
- PCIe Asus soundcards that are on sale now. These cards are either AV100
(rebadged CMI8788), CM8786 or C-media 6632AX (USB chip) based. Neither of these
chips comply with the Intel HDaudio standard.
- Sound Blaster Audigy RX and all other EMU based or X-FI based sound blasters.
(do not comply with the Intel HD audio standard)
- Non-PCIe soundcards in general like external USB cards or old PCI cards.
More Information are you find here:
http://os4depot.net/?function=showfile& ... io_ahi.lha
The Amiga Future 151 was released on the July 5th.
Amiga Future News PortalBack to previous page
HD Audio AHI driver for AmigaOS4
Published 15.07.2021 - 20:46 by HelmutH
Back to previous page