walkero write on https://www.amigans.net
One of my latest projects got the first release and you can download it and try it. MediaVault is an open source desktop application, for AmigaOS 4, which can be used to discover online radio stations. The selected radio station can be streamed using a player, i.e. AmigaAmp 3.
When Mediavault is started at the top of the window there are a few fields that can be used to discover radio station based on their name, genre, country and spoken language. By clicking on "Discover" button a list of relevant radio stations will show up.
To listen a radio station, double click on it's line, and AmigaAmp3 will start, playing the radio station. After that, you can close MediaVault.
Have a look at Skateman's video how MediaVault is used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utoc6lxHUg4
This version has the following limitations:
- AmigaAmp3 is the only supported player, which will be called from APPDIR:. So make sure it works.
- A small number of genres, countries and languages listed
- In error a shell window might appear
- Make sure you have the latest AmiSSL installed. If not a message should be shown.
This is the first release out of my computer. You may experience crashes. If you do, please contact me.
My plan for MediaVault is to create an application which users will use to:
- discover online radio stations,
- create a list of favorite radio stations
- discover online podcasts,
- follow podcasts and get information for new episodes
- access content (music, video etc.) from local DLNA media servers, like Plex, Jellyfin etc.
- have a modern look and feel, with images and photos, where is possible
- create a clean, easy to read code, with good quality and the best practices for others to get inspired
* oo.library v1.11 by Tuomas Hokka
* jansson.library v2.12.1 by Simon Tyrrell
* AmigaAmp3 v3.29 by Thomas Wenzel
I would like to thank
- Tuomas Hokka for developing oo.library and listen to my requirements, ideas.
- Simon Tyrrell for developing jansson.library and his help on debugging issues I had during development, listen to my ideas.
- Thomas Wenzel for developing the best audio player for AmigaOS
- Everyone at os4coding.net, who helped with proposals and solutions on my questions.
- Simon Archer who develops CodeBench, which helped me a lot during the development of this application
- AmigaOS 4 developers who develop the best OS out there.
Without all the above MediaVault would not be possible.
Code and bug reporting
The project is open source and you can find the code at:
If you have any requests or you would like to report any problems you found,
you can do that at:
The Amiga Future 150 was released on the May 4th.
Amiga Future News PortalBack to previous page
MediaVault 1.0.0 released
Published 02.05.2021 - 13:59 by AndreasM
Back to previous page