AmiDARK write on http://www.amigans.net/
I decided to change my previous post instead of create a new one to not "overload" the forums contents with many "Amos Professional X" project posts.
As there were no answer concerning the project, It can be done here.
So, this project plan to makes Amos Professional support AGA graphics resolutions as much as possible.
The project start to get good results and I have made some videos to show all of these.
One important thing to note concerning the way AGA in included in Amos Professional is particular. AMOS Technology allow the use of several screen all visible at the same time. With AGA chipset, it's impossible de redefine 256 colors on only 1 raster line (if someone have a solution, tell me, I'll get!
So, I decided to make a specific choice :
- Each screen consever it's own original color palette (from 0 to 31)
- The AGA Color palette (32-255) is unique and common to all visible screens.
Here are the WIP vidéos posted in the order of the development :
Here is the video concerning the WIP of the latest improvements I'm working on for AMOS Professional :
1. 2x 16 colors Lowres dual playfield:
(Screen 2 is color 16-31, will soonly update Sprite color to be paramtrable)
2. Open a 256 color 320x200 lowres screen and display all colors (ni rainbow, no trick)
3. Load Iff can handle 256 colors in lowres screen:
4. 256 colors Blitter Object (BOB) in a lowres screen:
5. Open a 256 colors 640x400 hires + laced screen and uses Load Iff to display an image:
(Enabled Fetch Mode 1)
6. Hires + Laced 1280x400 Screen scrolling with a Load Iiff picture:
(Uses Fetch Mode 1 and 1x pixel precision scrolling using smooth 32 bits aligned scrolling)
7. Updating the compiler and test compilation of current WIP AGA demonstration:
8. Updating screen packing methods to handle 256 colors screen:
SPack SCREEN to BANK
UnPack BANK to SCREEN
Here are the latest news concerning the project progress.
Everything is on the GIT Hub: https://github.com/AmiDARK/AMOSProfessional-X
The 'main' branche is the most stable.
The Amiga Future 142 will be released on the 15th January.
Amiga Future News PortalBack to previous page
Amos Professional X : AGA support project
Published 26.11.2019 - 00:00 by AndreasM
Back to previous page