AmiCygnix released in the Version 1.6.
* Update to version 2.24.32 of GTK+, the latest version of GTK+ 2. In addition to some new features, the drag 'n drop in GTK+ 2 applications now finally works. The corresponding programs have to be linked again. Programs like Rox-Filer or Gimp benefit greatly from this. Therefore, please pay attention to updates of these programs!
* Full support for Unix locale strings. So you can now select the country, the encoding and special variants in addition to the language. You can also select multiple locales.
All drivers, all AmiCygnix tools and the X server have been revised for this.
See the documentation "README.Language.pdf" in the directory "Cygnix:Docs"!
* With the following display drivers for the Workbench, the size of the window can now be reduced:
The content can then be moved using a scroller.
This function can be deactivated via myX11Setup!
* Support for version 3.16.3 of GnuTLS, the latest version of the SSL/TLS layer. Support for SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.3 is new. The Trusted Certificates included have also been updated. Problems with programs like NetSurf or Claws-Mail should be solved with it. However, the corresponding programs must be relinked.
The following packages are affected:
- Audacious (scrobbler plugin)
- Gimp (file-uri plugin)
- UFRaw (FITS saver)
Therefore, please pay attention to updates of these programs!
* Support for LDAP through OpenLDAP 2.4.49. Is now integrated in libcurl and will also be used in Claws-Mail.
* Support for AISS in the menus of the Workbench display drivers. The size of the icons can be set using the "MenuImageSize" environment variable.
* Revised myX11Setup with improved help function. Thanks to Michael Christoph!
* Italian translation updated in many AmiCygnix scripts. Thanks to Samir Hawamdeh!
* New Spanish translation of the texts in the Workbench display drivers.
Thanks to Javier de las Rivas!
* New catalog in Russian language for myX11Setup. Thanks to Eugene Sobolev!
* The topic "Clearlooks" is now the standard topic for GTK+ 2 and the window manager "Openbox". The old themes "Amiga-BlueTabs-xxx" or "AmigaOS4" are still included.
* Fixed a problem when starting the AmiCygnix desktop via myX11Setup.
The Amiga Future 146 will be released on the 5th September.
Amiga Future News PortalBack to previous page
AmiCygnix 1.6 released
Published 31.07.2020 - 15:45 by AndreasM
Back to previous page