Amiga Future Chefredaktion
Joined: 05 Jun 2001
|Posted: 31.12.2017 - 10:31 Post subject: vasm 1.8b released
vasm released in the Version 1.8b.
vasm is a portable and retargetable assembler to create linkable objects in various formats or absolute code. Multiple CPU-, syntax and output-modules can be selected.
Many common directives/pseudo-opcodes are supported (depending on the syntax module) as well as CPU-specific extensions.
The assembler supports optimizations (e.g. choosing the shortest possible branch instruction or addressing mode) and relaxations (e.g. converting a branch to an absolute jump when necessary).
Most syntax modules support macros, include directives, repetitions, conditional assembly and local symbols.
* Option -noialign disables the automatic instruction alignment.
* m68k: New Apollo Core instructions (core >=4035.jic), provided by Henryk Richter.
* m68k: Referencing absolute-short labels and optimizing labels into absolute short addressing mode is allowed, when the label resides in an absolute ORG section.
* jagrisc: Fixed MOVE PC,Rn instruction.
* oldstyle-syntax: Internal symbol __RPTCNT can be used as iteration counter in the inner repeat loop.
* oldstyle-syntax: Numeric absolute symbol expansion is supported for macro parameters of the form \<symbol>.
* vobj-output: Ignoring internal/local symbols does not work. Now we create and use section symbols as a relocation reference.
Chefredaktion Amiga Future