Amiga Future Chefredaktion
Joined: 05 Jun 2001
|Posted: 08.11.2017 - 10:10 Post subject: Speedgrid- new AGA game in the works
saimo write on http://www.amiga.org
After about 12 years (happily) spent making games for the Commodore 64, AmigaOS 4 and other PC systems, I'm returning to the "classic" Amiga - something I've been itching to do for a long, long time. In the last 10 days or so I have created the core of a new game for standard A1200s - and that's what you can see in this video.
The game, called SPEEDGRID (working title), is going to be of the casual, score-attack type based on the catching/dodging of hexagonal cells representing various bonuses and maluses.
Technical bits shown in the video:
* 3 parallax layers scrolling at a variable speed (up to 16 pixels/frame - such limit is not technical, but only to keep the game playable);
* 1 fixed layer for the HUD (and possibly other graphical effects);
* real transparencies (any color can be freely assigned an opacity value between 0 and 255);
* a 16 colors sprite + a 3 colors sprite.
Things I plan to add:
* occasional meteors zipping by;
* bosses to fight against when time expires;
* procedural generation of the middle layer graphics;
* some "special" music (if I manage);
* any other cool feature that will come to mind.
Note: the current tune is just a placeholder, and it's the fabulous tracker module "Cortouchka" by El Mobo (Frédéric Motte).
Chefredaktion Amiga Future