Amiga Future Chefredaktion
Joined: 05 Jun 2001
|Posted: 01.11.2017 - 23:48 Post subject: Amiga32: New at the exhibition stand of Hyperion
Rather inconspicuous was the exhibition stand of Hyperion Entertainment.
But exciting news were announced at the Amiga32.
Probably they are working since some months behind closed doors on an update for the Workbench 3.1. in the development of the operating system for classic Amiga rests with Thomas Richter and Olaf Barthel.
The announced innovations include, for example:
- FastFileSystem with native 64-Bit support (NSD, TD64, DirectSCSI), etc.
- CrossDos with native 64-Bit support (NSD, TD64, DirectSCSI), new mfm.device
- Support for big size storage media, as well resizing of partitions
- Format, DiskCopy and HDToolBox with native 64 Bit support
- Support for long filenames
- Math Librarys with automatic FPU detection
- Improved and extended shell
- Improvements and fixes for SetPatch, Workbench, Installer, audio.device, scsi.device, etc.
The work is not finished yet. forther information will follow later.
Forthermore we were able to have a first look at IBrowse 2.5 at the exhibition stand of Hyperion.
After many years of stagnation, the odds seem to be good that the web browser will soon be officially available again.
The innovations compared to the previous version 2.4 should u.a. be the following:
- Native version for AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition next to AmigaOS 3.x)
- support for AmiSSL v4
- support for MUI 3.8, 3.9 (recommended minimum), 4.0 and 5.0
- Improved display of alpha channel images on> 15-bit screens
- Download files with more than 2 GB (AmigaOS 4)
- support for OpenSearch
- Cookie support
- Improvements to Password Manager, Image Decoder, Storage Management
The announcement includes many more improvements and bug fixes.
A release date is not known yet.
Amiga32 Homepage: http://www.amiga32.de
Hyperion Homepage: http://hyperion-entertainment.biz
iBrowse Developers page:https://www.ibrowse-dev.net/news.php
Chefredaktion Amiga Future