Amiga Future Chefredaktion
Joined: 05 Jun 2001
|Posted: 15.02.2017 - 09:45 Post subject: vasm 1.7h reelased
vasm released in the Version 1.7h.
vasm is a portable and retargetable assembler to create linkable objects in various formats or absolute code. Multiple CPU-, syntax and output-modules can be selected.
Many common directives/pseudo-opcodes are supported (depending on the syntax module) as well as CPU-specific extensions.
The assembler supports optimizations (e.g. choosing the shortest possible branch instruction or addressing mode) and relaxations (e.g. converting a branch to an absolute jump when necessary).
Most syntax modules support macros, include directives, repetitions, conditional assembly and local symbols.
* Implemented a dynamic line buffer. No limitations on line lengths anymore.
* Octal escape sequences are limited to a maximum of three digits.
* Allow assembler text output (echo, printv) in offset sections.
* Print a warning for initialized data in a bss-type section. This already worked in the past (1.2c and later), but has been lost somewhere.
* Some single-character labels and symbols will be rejected (depending on the syntax module).
* -maxerrors=0 should print all errors in the source.
* Print expressions in the listing file and the test output in decimal and hexadecimal form.
* m68k: Immediate- and PC-relative destination addressing modes for 68851 PMOVE are not allowed. PMOVE ea,PCSR doesn't exist.
* 6502: Perform zero-page optimization with a known label from an absolute section.
* std-syntax: Fixed problem with parentheses in character constants.
* oldstyle-syntax: New option -org=<address> to set the absolute base address of the program from the command line.
* oldstyle-syntax: Implemented some listing file directives, but without any function yet: nam, subttl, page, space.
* bin-output: Fixed output section sorting, which didn't work with some implementations of qsort().
* elf-output: Fixed external references in stabs.
* elf-output: Use a hash table for ELF symbols to speed up the output.
* hunk-output: Optimization to make it faster with many sections.
* test-output: Fixed crash when printing stabs without a value.
Chefredaktion Amiga Future