Italia
Espana

Spenden
Donate
Amiga Future

Upgrade from Cygnus Ed 4 to Cygnus Ed 5

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Sensei

PostPosted: 26.11.2006 - 17:06    Post subject: Upgrade from Cygnus Ed 4 to Cygnus Ed 5 Reply with quote

I have seen somewhere that it is possible for users of Cygnus Ed 4 to upgrade, at a reduced price, to Cygnus Ed 5, but I have not seen how this is to be completed.

Will you explain this clearly ?

Is a scan of the CD or the CD case sleeve required, or submission of the registration number to a specific e-mail address?

What is the cost of this upgrade ?

I live in the UK, is there any retailer in the UK that can effect this upgrade direct ?
Back to top   PDF
Thomas
Amiga Future Redaktion
Amiga Future Redaktion

germany

PostPosted: 26.11.2006 - 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

from http://www.apc-tcp.de/support/0030e.html :
To obtain an upgrade at a reduced price, send in your CygnusEd CD-ROM or the CD inlay, plus the upgrade fee. See the online shop for further information. If you own a CygnusEd version that was distributed on floppy disk and bears a version number, it is sufficient to enter the registration number into the comment field of the order form of the online shop.

Bye,
Thomas
Sensei

PostPosted: 27.11.2006 - 00:13    Post subject: Upgrade Cygnus Ed v4 to v5 . . . still not explained clearly Reply with quote

I am still waiting for the cost/price of the upgrade, the website is not very clear on this, and the money payment comes up before any box offering an upgrade, instead the FULL priced package is the only package that appears.

The questions were . .

1. Will you explain this clearly ? OK THIS WAS ANSWERED,

BUT

how is this to be achieved, which address is the CD/sleeve, registration code to be sent to from the UK, to a UK retailer, or what ?
I really would prefer to be able to scan the disk and the CD sleeve and e-mail the jpg to you, would this be acceptable, both sides of the sleeve, of course.

2. What is the cost of this upgrade ? NOT EXPLAINED

3. I live in the UK, is there any retailer in the UK that can effect this upgrade direct ? NOT EXPLAINED

Back to top   PDF
Thomas
Amiga Future Redaktion
Amiga Future Redaktion

germany

PostPosted: 27.11.2006 - 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry. I'm not related to APC&TCP in any way, I just answered because this is a public forum and I knew there was a section about upgrades in the product description. If this is not satisfactory, perhaps Andreas or Olaf should answer to this.

Regarding a shop in the UK, the only one I know is AmigaKit. They have CygnusEd in stock, but the online shop lists only the full version. The descriptive text obviously has been copied from APC&TCP, including the section about upgrades. Perhaps you could ask AmigaKit about the concrete upgrade procedure.

Bye,
Thomas
AndreasM
Amiga Future Chefredaktion

germany

PostPosted: 27.11.2006 - 11:54    Post subject: Re: Upgrade Cygnus Ed v4 to v5 . . . still not explained cle Reply with quote

Sensei wrote
I am still waiting for the cost/price of the upgrade, the website is not very clear on this, and the money payment comes up before any box offering an upgrade, instead the FULL priced package is the only package that appears.

The questions were . .

1. Will you explain this clearly ? OK THIS WAS ANSWERED,

BUT

how is this to be achieved, which address is the CD/sleeve, registration code to be sent to from the UK, to a UK retailer, or what ?
I really would prefer to be able to scan the disk and the CD sleeve and e-mail the jpg to you, would this be acceptable, both sides of the sleeve, of course.

2. What is the cost of this upgrade ? NOT EXPLAINED

3. I live in the UK, is there any retailer in the UK that can effect this upgrade direct ? NOT EXPLAINED

Hello

the CygnusED Updates are only avaible direct by APC&TCP. Retailer sell only the normal full version from Cygnus Ed.

When you have a serial-number from your old Version, oder in the onlineshop from APC&TCP "CygnusEd 5 Update" for Euro 30,-. when you fill up the form in the onlineshop with your adress you write in the "comment" the seriual from your old CED Version.

any other question or you dont have a serial, write to Andreas@apc-tcp.de with the subject "Ced".
Back to top   PDF
Brunadi
AFF Profi
AFF Profi

austria

PostPosted: 27.11.2006 - 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought CED 4,20 at that time with Schatztruhe. Where do I find the serial-number?

regards brunadi
AndreasM

germany

PostPosted: 27.11.2006 - 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brunadi wrote
I bought CED 4,20 at that time with Schatztruhe. Where do I find the serial-number?

regards brunadi

when you dont have a serial on the backside from the covercard or on a extra letter, please write a email to me...
Back to top   PDF
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

PostPosted: 03.12.2006 - 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brunadi wrote

regards brunadi

To clarify this a bit: only the CygnusEd version distributed by ASDG, Inc. (that would be CygnusEd Professional release 3) bears a version number. If you bought your CygnusEd copy in about 1992/1993, with the manual printed as a ring-bound book and the software shipping on a single floppy disk, you'd find a version number printed on the floppy disk.

CygnusEd copies bought before 1992 and after 1995 do not bear serial numbers.
Back to top   PDF