Amiga Future Chefredaktion
Joined: 05 Jun 2001
|Posted: 17.01.2018 - 11:01 Post subject: Redit Update released
Redit released in the Version 1.16.
* bugfix: a multiple line undo was not drawn properly. fixed
* bugfix: the displayed amount of occurrences of a find & replace operation was always 0. fixed
* improved: Redit is now using INTUITICKS only when required, which decreases the CPU usage with an idle, active window
* bugfix: in CLI mode an error code was never returned. fixed
Redit is a simple text editor which is especially suitable for low-performance Amigas. Redit needs AmigaOS 1.2 and 0,5 MByte RAM.
Features of Redit:
- full support of AmigaOS 1.2 bis 3.9.
- not necessary dependencies to system files from the disc: Redit can also be used without started Workbench from an blank disk.
- except the available memory, there are no restrictions on the maximum document size and the line lengths.
- Support for tabs
- multiple documents can be opened and edited simultaneously.
- useful working speed already on simple systems with 7MHz 68000.
- low memory usage at runtime.
- Besides the usual block operations for editing, Redit offers contemporary features for selecting text via keyboard and mouse.
- other benefits
Chefredaktion Amiga Future