« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

Roadshow shutdown when in gaming mode

Support Roadshow

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

scarrabri
AFF Anwärter
AFF Anwärter

Roadshow shutdown when in gaming mode

Post by scarrabri »

Hi, i believe there's a automatic net shutdown when in gaming mode but I am not sure what to write in the shell or where to put it has anyone an easy explanation on how I could do this please, very best wishes Brian. ps I am running a A600 with 3.9 installed
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Re: Roadshow shutdown when in gaming mode

Post by olsen »

scarrabri wrote:Hi, i believe there's a automatic net shutdown when in gaming mode but I am not sure what to write in the shell or where to put it has anyone an easy explanation on how I could do this please, very best wishes Brian. ps I am running a A600 with 3.9 installed
No, you have to shut down the network manually, it does not happen automatically. Likewise, you also need to start it again manually, if you need it after having shut it down.

To shut down the network use the "netshutdown" command (just enter "netshutdown" in the shell). It will attempt to tell all programs which are currently using the network to stop using it immediately. Note that these programs may not listen to this hint. But if they do, "netshutdown" should succeed in shutting down the networking hardware and also remove the central bsdsocket.library from memory.

When you need the network again, you would have to restart the network as this is done through the Network-Startup script (just enter "execute s:network-startup" in the shell).
scarrabri
AFF Anwärter
AFF Anwärter

Re: Roadshow shutdown when in gaming mode

Post by scarrabri »

olsen wrote:
scarrabri wrote:Hi, i believe there's a automatic net shutdown when in gaming mode but I am not sure what to write in the shell or where to put it has anyone an easy explanation on how I could do this please, very best wishes Brian. ps I am running a A600 with 3.9 installed
No, you have to shut down the network manually, it does not happen automatically. Likewise, you also need to start it again manually, if you need it after having shut it down.

To shut down the network use the "netshutdown" command (just enter "netshutdown" in the shell). It will attempt to tell all programs which are currently using the network to stop using it immediately. Note that these programs may not listen to this hint. But if they do, "netshutdown" should succeed in shutting down the networking hardware and also remove the central bsdsocket.library from memory.

When you need the network again, you would have to restart the network as this is done through the Network-Startup script (just enter "execute s:network-startup" in the shell).
Thank ever so much as it worked a treat and sorry about the delay in getting back to you very best wishes Brian. Hi can I just say I have had to find a way of turning the roadshow on anf off because my Amiga 600 no longer boots if the ethrnet pcmia card is in its slot and ready to go