« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

DigiBooster 3: Configuration Menu

Support DigiBooster

Moderators: G.Frank, AndreasM

XDelusion
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

DigiBooster 3: Configuration Menu

Post by XDelusion »

[pic]uploadpic.php?thumb=/3072_digibooster3settings_1.jpg[/pic]

I was experimenting with the latest DigiBooster 3 beta in MorphOS when I noticed this.

As you can see the tabs on this menu are too small, or the fonts are too large.

I have not noticed this with any other programs, but am wondering if it could be a problem with my chosen fonts, or is this something DigiBooster 3 related?
krashan
Amiga Future Fan
Amiga Future Fan

Re: DigiBooster 3: Configuration Menu

Post by krashan »

XDelusion wrote:I have not noticed this with any other programs, but am wondering if it could be a problem with my chosen fonts, or is this something DigiBooster 3 related?
This is a result of my attempt to make the program skinnable via MUI prefs. Unfortunately it does not work well as you can see, as MUI is not really designed for this and it is a kind of hack.

For the future I see two solutions for this. The first is total giving up with skins. Then the program just uses global MUI settings, user can tweak them later. It makes the program shorter and simpler. Unfortunately with current layout it can create some uneven spacing in GUI. The second way is to make the main window 100% skinned with bitmaps. This gives me the total control of the program look, additional windows (prefs, requesters) will use default MUI look.

I've not yet decided which way is better. Most trackers use total skinning, even on other platforms (Renoise for example), some use system look, but fixed layout (OctaMed for example).